PDA

View Full Version : Sossusvlei Dunes

peter delaney
01-15-2014, 10:20 AM
Nikon D3S 70-200MM lens

1/1000 f8 iso 560

dankearl
01-15-2014, 10:43 AM
The DOF, light and your B & W treatment as usual is very good.
I am not sure about the vegetation, especially the bits at the bottom, I might get rid of them.
The grass on the larger mounds look fine although I think all sand would be preferable to me.
Nice image...

andresleon
01-15-2014, 11:11 AM
I agree with Dankearl. If you could clone out the foreground foliage and leave the three dune silhouettes I think it would improve the image immensely. The composition is really wonderful in this shot. Great job!

peter delaney
01-15-2014, 11:15 AM
Thanks Guys… i actually forgot about the foliage at bottom , have sorted it… I also forgot to tone … must pay more attention …lol

Don Railton
01-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Hi Peter.

I love the light, tones and alignment/composition of the three highest peaks without reservation... Beautiful symmetry! I quite like the three (lower) grassed peaks as well in isolation, but I don't think they compliment the three big peaks a great deal. Its still a wonderful image as it stands IMHO, but I think I would like to see either the three big peaks by themselves without the foreground. I think this will enhance their symmetry. An alternative is to crop off the top just above the middle 'big' peak so you get some symmetry between the two grassed peaks and the two lower 'big' peaks... hope you understand what I mean.. of course you could leave it just as it is and I would still love it...

regards

DON

Morkel Erasmus
01-17-2014, 07:09 AM
This is fantastic Peter. Love everything about this. :5

Rachel Hollander
01-17-2014, 07:08 PM
Peter - I missed this one. Really like it as is but would also be interested in seeing your adjustments referred to post #4.

TFS,
Rachel

peter delaney
01-18-2014, 01:19 AM
Thanks everyone for comments ..always appreciated.

Don thanks for the advice on crops ,but the lower two grass peaks anchor image and the image is unbalance without .
the other crop from top is interesting but looks too symmetrical and clinical.

cheers all …thanks gain

Andrew McLachlan
01-18-2014, 10:36 PM
Hi Peter, I too love everything about this one...three main clumps of grasses to compliment the three dunes...lovely work !

Don Railton
01-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Thanks everyone for comments ..always appreciated.

Don thanks for the advice on crops ,but the lower two grass peaks anchor image and the image is unbalance without .
the other crop from top is interesting but looks too symmetrical and clinical.

cheers all …thanks gain

Hi Peter, definitely nothing more than 'suggestions' to look at... Love your work.

DON

Anette Mossbacher
01-20-2014, 04:16 PM
Hi Peter,

had a closer look and I like it as it is, just a few little things already mentioned. I like the conversion very much.

Ciao
Anette