PDA

View Full Version : lily

stuart wanuck
01-13-2014, 09:05 PM
nikon d 800
500 mm

John Robinson
01-14-2014, 05:45 PM
Like it! Presume that is moving water ?? Interesting shot- very different.
Cheers
John

Douglas Bolt
01-15-2014, 10:37 AM
I like it a lot. However, the almost white water on the upper right side of the image tended to draw my attention away from the lily. I think a 4x5 aspect crop off of the right side would improve an already excellent image. While testing my thoughts on the crop, I added a Contrast/Brightness layer at 50% Opacity and increased the Vibrance a little. Not sure the adjustments improved the image, but just a different take on an already fine image.

Jonathan Ashton
01-16-2014, 12:52 PM
I think I like the original crop, I like the colours but having seen the second one they are rather appealing! I am interested to know what you did - was the water rendered monochrome?

Roman Kurywczak
01-18-2014, 12:06 PM
I like this! The water is what really makes this for me and I am interested in how you got the bud sharp and silkyl texture in the water!

John Robinson
01-18-2014, 01:13 PM
I like this! The water is what really makes this for me and I am interested in how you got the bud sharp and silkyl texture in the water!

Me too
Cheers
John

Steve Maxson
01-25-2014, 11:35 AM
Hi Stuart. Very interesting patterns in the water and the colorful bud is very eye-catching! I'm wondering how this would look if you cropped a little off the left to put the bud right in the ROT position? I think the image could stand a little CW rotation - though this might mess up the cool patterns in the water unless you have more room all around. This was nicely seen and photographed!