PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Ontario

Vern Hearns
01-13-2014, 08:43 AM
Hi Everyone. Just wanted to tell you a little bit about myself. I live in Ontario, Canada. I`ve only really been into photography for a few years now and it sure is fun. My passion is photographing birds. I`m married to a wonderful woman who encourages me to get out there and shoot. I don`t have very expensive equipment, just a bridge camera and tri-pod. My old camera died and my wife got me a new one for Christmas, she sure knew what I wanted. It`s not the best, but it will do for now. I hope to get to know some of you and learn a lot of things here.

Christopher Miller
01-13-2014, 12:00 PM
Welcome to BPN, Vern! You've definitely come to the right place to feed the photography bug. You'll find lots of helpful advice and critique here. I use a bridge camera too, an Olympus SP-550 UZ. Looking forward to your participation.

Vern Hearns
01-13-2014, 12:42 PM
Thanks Christopher The camera my wife got me is a sony h200. I`ve heard a lot of negative reviews on this camera, but so far it`s been pretty good, not the greatest, but it suits me.

Daniel Cadieux
01-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Hey there fellow guy from Ontario...welcome to BPN! I too have a very supportive wife when it comes to bird photography. Perhaps she's just more than happy to get me out of the house for all those hours!!:t3

Sandy Witvoet
01-13-2014, 06:10 PM
Hi Vern!
Welcome to BPN! Glad you joined us.... TREMENDOUS info here..... My wonderful husband is my photo-shoot buddy (and, thankfully supports my "habit").... best thing we ever did was get him a nice bridge camera so we have made going out "bird hunting/photo-ing" a "DATE!" (usually preceded by an early morning breakfast 'out'!) Enjoy!

Cheryl Arena Molennor
01-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Hi Vern . Welcome to BPN. It doesn't take great equipment to become a great photographer but it does help:S3:. Getting out there and practicing is what counts. I think you will find a lot to learn here as well.

Vern Hearns
01-15-2014, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Now if I can only figure out how to upload some pics, lol.

Christopher Miller
01-15-2014, 01:16 PM
Vern, go to this link here: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/87352-Please-Read-Before-Posting-The-First-Time-and-Then-From-Time-to-Time. That will give you instructions on how to post images, just scroll down to where it says "Forum Participants."

Diane Miller
01-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Hi Vern and welcome! You'll find a lot of great images here with a wide variety of equipment. Looking forward to seeing what you are shooting.

Tony Britton
01-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Hi Vern,

I'm a new member, as well. Happy birding to you!

Tony