PDA

View Full Version : The Pink Beauty

supreet.sahoo
01-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Recently traveled to the bird heaven (and one of my most favorite places for birding) called Kutch in the western part of India where I was conducting a birding tour for a group of bird watchers and enthusiasts and came back with some absolutely fantastic sighting of what Kutch has to offer. The lakes full of pink dots was the highlight while we still had good luck with the raptors. A must visit for birdwatchers atleast once in a lifetime. For now please share your thoughts on this image of the lesser flamingo. Have a great weekend.
Canon 7d, 420mm, 5.6, 100, 1/1600, -1

Loi Nguyen
01-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Supreet, this is an absolutely stunning scene. I love the pink and white colors of the bird against the distant green foliage and the deep blue sky, The waves in the lake are an added bonus. I think what makes this image is the low POV. Love to see the hills thru the legs and neck of the bird. The distant OOF birds are a little bit distracting, I'd suggest toning them down a bit, especially the two on the LHS. I'd wish also to see the face of the bird a little more. I hope you do have other similar images. TFS. Loi

Robert Kimbrell
01-10-2014, 07:18 PM
A really attractive shot, beautiful light on a beautiful bird. Just beautiful you were able to get so low. I wish the eye were a little more visible, As Loi stated, I would also like to see more of the series.

Sidharth Kodikal
01-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Kutch is definitely on my bucket list. Will make it there some day.
Very nice scene and design. The bird looks quite noisy on my monitor. I'm a bit surprised that you needed -1 EC to expose this correctly. But then I'm not familiar with the 7D ...

Neil Burton
01-13-2014, 02:26 PM
Knowing the 7d those whites would blow easily so can understand some underexposure. Flamingo does look a touch noisy though, but besides that great POV and colours.

Marina Scarr
01-17-2014, 07:00 PM
This is quite an amazing images. Your low angle here really gives the viewer an amazing perspective and love the slight bit of eye showing.