PDA

View Full Version : Hangin' ten

Marc Mol
01-10-2014, 11:50 AM
This baby yellow baboon was no more than 2 weeks old, yet showed all the agility of a sesoned trapeze artist! Such a joy to sit and watch these guys play,
normally it's not easy to get the babies out in the open as the mothers are very protective, but this little female was very determined to do things her way :)

Ruaha NP- Tanzania. Oct 2013

D700 80-400 AF-S VR 1/160s f/5.6 ISO1600@ 400mm.

C & C most welcome

Cheers
Marc

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
01-10-2014, 11:59 AM
What a cute image Marc! Well exposed and the eye contact and pose are really cool. TFS.

Andreas Liedmann
01-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Hi Marc,
quite good IQ for the SS and moving subject..
Great look of the baboon and the pose is gorgeous , really cool looking.
This time i would go a bit darker in the mid tones and push the blacks just slightly .
Sadly the BG is a bit busy , not much you could do, if the BG was a really smooth one……. it would be very good one, so just a good one.

TFS Andreas

Rachel Hollander
01-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Hi Marc - another great pose. Love the eye contact. She seems to be saying "Look at me!" Excellent comp. I agree with Andreas about the bg, I wonder if darkening the gray mass (rock?) would make a difference. Too bad about the near grass blocking the tail. Overall, an excellent and fun image that I would be very pleased to have in my files.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
01-11-2014, 10:23 AM
Hi Marc, this and the previous images I think are some of your best, they really work nicely.

The main issues have been mentioned above and certainly adding an overall mid tone to the image bolsters the image and takes it up another few notches. I too would like to know what the long white area is in the BKG, looks like an old bone? The expression and posture is priceless. Nice work Marc. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Marc Mol
01-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Appreciate the comments guys.

I agree with Andreas about the bg, I wonder if darkening the gray mass (rock?) would make a difference.

TFS,
Rachel

I too would like to know what the long white area is in the BKG, looks like an old bone?

TFS
Steve

It's actually the thick base of an old palm frond. Granted it is somewhat distracting in the busy BG.

Steve Kaluski
01-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Marc, if that wasn't there I think it could be a strong contender for the Veolia awards. :w3