PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Reflections

Cheryl Slechta
01-09-2014, 06:23 PM
This was taken with my iPhone and my new long exposure app along the Barr Hammock Trail near my house. There is a 6 mile loop with a raised berm surrounded by marshes, woods and ponds - very lovely and it lends itself to doing reflections. The long exposure and slighting moving the iPhone creates the subtle textures.

Dennis Bishop
01-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Well, Cheryl, if you hadn't already convinced me I need an iPhone for photography, this would've done it. I love the color, the texture, and the unanswered questions. I'd be tempted to up the saturation a very small amount on the left side with a gradient mask that's black from the right to the trunk just left of center and gets whiter from there to the left edge. Otherwise, my eye wants to stop at the reflection of the tree trunk.

Jackie Schuknecht
01-10-2014, 09:02 AM
Lovely Cheryl. I like the subdued colours and the excellent technique of the blur.

Diane Miller
01-10-2014, 03:45 PM
Wonderful! I like the idea of something like darkening / saturating / increasing contrast on the left edge.

Nancy Bell
01-10-2014, 07:58 PM
We are going to call you the I-phone App-Master pretty soon! I really like the paint-like effect of this with the textured look; and how the lighter colors surround the darker trunks and blues in the reflection. Well done!

Paul Lagasi
01-12-2014, 03:45 AM
I sometimes used my iPhone and wonder how I ever got along without one. With 8MP camera and my Olloclip lenses, I've gotten some great macro and wide angle images. Very interesting composition, love the colors, wow an iPhone blur....I never thought of that. Nice

Anita Bower
01-15-2014, 06:17 PM
A pleasing reflection, with subtle colors and interesting shapes. I like that the blur is slight. I agree that the left side needs something--I just tried darkening it and liked that better. I also cropped a bit off the left to make the green be about 1/3, which pleased me.

Cheryl Slechta
01-15-2014, 07:37 PM
Anita, thanks. I think I'll try cropping from the left - I like that idea. I like having one side lighter than the other but I see a perfect spot to crop that'll leave me with some light.:S3: