PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Reflection

Anita Bower
01-09-2014, 06:10 PM
Reflection of trees in our pond. I used CEP Solarize and then Colorize.
I took the theme literally, as is my wont.
As I look at it now, I'm thinking a crop off the right might be in order.

Cheryl Slechta
01-09-2014, 06:25 PM
Hi, Anita, I like the strong reflection with the color. I'm not sure I'd crop from the right but I would crop just a sliver from the left to eliminate that vertical thin tree trunk near the edge.

Dennis Bishop
01-09-2014, 06:50 PM
The contrast and detail are wonderful. I like the color, too. There's a nice flow to the branches, as well. It's really stunning.

If you were wondering about cropping from the right because of composition, I don't think that's necessary. The composition looks just fine to me. I wouldn't crop from the left, either. In my opinion, that trunk near the edge serves as a block to keep the eye in the image when they follow the sweep of the branches to the left.

Jackie Schuknecht
01-10-2014, 09:03 AM
I love the colours and the silhouette Anita. I think Cheryl nailed it with a crop from the left as the RHS is more visually appealing IMHO.

Nancy Bell
01-10-2014, 07:53 PM
I think I'll join those in voting for a bit of a crop from the left. Love the strong black tree trunks and the blues! Beautiful image.

Anita Bower
01-11-2014, 05:30 AM
Thank you for your suggestions. :bg3:

LinzRiverBalmer
01-17-2014, 02:07 AM
very nice view, I bet you always have something to look at on your pond. This is very special and feels intimate regarding the trees.