PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Theme: A Red Rose

Nancy Bell
01-07-2014, 11:56 AM
This week's theme, "Reflections on a New Year" seems a bit philosophical to me. This red rose image is meant to be a metaphor: for beauty and love and days unfolding; for romance, mystery and a bit of intrigue; for light and dark, sun and rain, day and night; sadness and joy.

Now for the processing: topaz detail 3, soft & dreamy III; fractalius 44% opacity; decrease saturation & lightness in PS.

Judy Howle
01-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Beautiful rose; I wish I could find one that perfect :w3 and I love the processing with just the right amount of Fract. The water drops are icing on the cake!

Paul Lagasi
01-07-2014, 03:21 PM
The spirals draw your eyes to the center, nice effects and color tones in the rose...

Jackie Schuknecht
01-07-2014, 03:50 PM
A lot of meaning in one rose! Beautifully processed and almost seductive in the way it draws you into the center. Good image to kick off the New Year!

Dennis Bishop
01-07-2014, 04:02 PM
Beautifully photographed, processed, and worded. The tonal range is wonderful, and so are the water drops. I think part of the visual magic is the blending together of the petals in the upper left center.

Diane Miller
01-07-2014, 04:21 PM
They said it -- it's just gorgeous!!

Anita Bower
01-07-2014, 05:19 PM
I could fall into this rose! Outstanding. Great shot and great processing. As I look at it, I can feel its depth and beauty. I agree with Dennis about those marvelous petals towards the center. I think it would be stunning printed.
Re. your words--poetic, beautiful, true. Thank you for sharing.

Nancy Bell
01-09-2014, 02:35 PM
Thank you very much, everyone! Now that my bouquet is wilting, I want to try to do something with the petals.

LinzRiverBalmer
01-17-2014, 02:09 AM
Unique perspective on the theme and on the rose itself, nice macro, great PP... Would hang on my wall