PDA

View Full Version : Will be in Miami week of 2/10/14...looking for bird photography recommendations

kklasman
01-06-2014, 10:07 PM
I'll have limited time for bird photography, so I'm looking for recommendations near Miami Beach. Is the Anhinga Trail good in mid-February?

Any recommendations for a boat photography tour in the Everglades, also nearby to Miami Beach?

Regards,

Kevin Klasman
Nashua, NH

Marina Scarr
01-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Hello Kevin:

I am going to check with one of moderators Don Lacy who lives on the East Coast and see if he can help you.

Don Lacy
01-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Hi Kevin, I have not been down to the Everglades yet this winter but mid February is right in the middle of the peak season for Ahinga Trail, Mrazex pond and Echo pond. How much bird activity will be dependent on water levels if its slow at Ahinga drive to Flamingo to check out Mrazex and Echo ponds. You can also drive about and hour to the West Coast and try Marco Island or Estero Lagoon if your interested in doing this check the tides you want to be in there on a low tide. One last option would be to drive north about an hour to Wakodahatche for nesting Ahingas, Blue Herons, Cattle egrets, and Ahingas. Wakodahatchee is the only place I would guaranteed good activity it has turned into a nice nursery and the birds are there every year regardless of water levels or tides.