PDA

View Full Version : Floor Plans for Bird Photography Blinds

Henry Domke
01-05-2014, 01:01 PM
Does anyone have floor plans for a small wooden Bird Photography Blind?
I want something for just one or two people.
I'm open to all kinds of ideas from simple to elaborate.

I've got portable blinds (Doghouse) but I was thinking of trying something more permanent.

Thanks for any links, tips or suggestions you might have!

Randy Stout
01-06-2014, 10:08 AM
Henry:

This link has some very interesting ideas about different types of photo blinds. Not detailed construction plans, but might get you going.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlifewatching/US-Viewing-Blinds-Publication-Low-Res.pdf

Cheers

Randt

Randy

Henry Domke
01-06-2014, 10:41 AM
This link has some very interesting ideas
Randy - thanks! That is a good start. Lots of images well presented.

I'm still interested in floor plans if anyone else has ideas or suggestions.

Grady Weed
01-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Henry, I would think it depends on what kind or species of birds you are going for. For instance, how large are they, when do they arrive, morning or evening, spring summer or fall. Do you plan on using it all day, say 8-10 hours at a time, or just 3-4 hours at a time. What type of materials can you use, or ALLOWED to use. Is it on a reserve or land YOU OWN. Do you have easy access to come and go, can you get to it easy when you construct it. A few more details would be nice.

Henry Domke
01-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Henry, I would think it depends on what kind or species of birds you are going for. For instance, how large are they, when do they arrive, morning or evening, spring summer or fall. Do you plan on using it all day, say 8-10 hours at a time, or just 3-4 hours at a time. What type of materials can you use, or ALLOWED to use. Is it on a reserve or land YOU OWN. Do you have easy access to come and go, can you get to it easy when you construct it. A few more details would be nice.
Lots of good questions!
This is in Missouri and it will be on land that I own.
I would be open to a range of species.
I can't imaging spending more than 3-4 hours in it at a time.
I would like to use it year round.
Regarding materials I am open to suggestions. Wood as the primary material seems an easy choice and I have stacks of extra lumber in our barn.
I doubt on my first round if I would use a concrete foundation.

I'm open to suggestions! Thanks!