PDA

View Full Version : My Apologies

Anita Bower
01-04-2014, 04:36 PM
I want to apologize, I think, for being the only voice suggesting ways to improve the images I've commented on recently. In a way, it feels as if I've found fault in the images. Actually, I was trying to suggest changes that I thought would improve the images. That is what I want when I post a photo, so that is what I give when I comment--ways to improve what are already great images. I was, however, a bit startled to discover that I seemed to be alone in making these suggestions, which led to this apology. I know I was quick and short in my comments. I'm trying to catch up. Maybe I could have taken more time. I hope the positive comments I made on all are taken as seriously as the suggestions.

Anita :-(

Cheryl Slechta
01-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Anita, I think the purpose of the forum is to offer critiques as well as favorable comments and I don't think you have anything to apologize for. I sometimes feel the same way - that I am being too critical - but I think everyone here is offering their images not for a "good image" type of comment but for helpful ways that we can improve the image. Of course, each viewer has their own vision and it may not be the same as the person who posts an image but I think that's a good thing. Anyway, please don't feel like you've got anything to apologize for. I know that sometimes when I'm trying to catch up on comments that mine seem a bit short or not very thoughtful but at least we are taking the time to comment and I think that is the most important part of posting. I think we all can learn something every time we post a comment on other people's posts and having people who are posting an image take the time to look at other images and comment on them is what makes this Forum possible.:S3:

Nancy Bell
01-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Anita, I have felt this way at times, also! I always look forward to your comments and very much value them as I know they come from vast experience, are thoughtful and always helpful. Please don't stop or worry about your critiquing!!!

Dennis Bishop
01-04-2014, 09:23 PM
I think a lot of us offer suggestions, and we should. It's a good way for all of us to learn -- whether we're the one receiving the comment or the one taking the time to assess and image and leave the comment. Believe me, I always appreciate your comments and look forward to them.

gary ellwein
01-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Anita, keep calling them the way you see um.

Judy Howle
01-05-2014, 12:21 AM
I appreciate your and everyone's comments and suggestions for improvement. I have learned so much on this forum. I don't think you have to apologize for pointing out what you feel could be improved in an image.

Diane Miller
01-05-2014, 12:53 AM
No need to apologize, or to soften your comments in any way! Your points are always valid, and certainly appreciated on my part! We're all busy and no need to be less than direct!

I think I frequently point out something I see or how I might do something differently. We're all here to learn and there is no better way than seeing how others see things!

LinzRiverBalmer
01-05-2014, 01:41 AM
No worries Anita....

i too usually try to find something to comment on improving an image, not just compliments.

however my few comments have been short and to the point only because I'm away and not at home with bad connections, or too tired to type 1 fingered on the iPad.

i can usually find at least one flaw in every photo, even if its nit picking, that's why I like this forum, we are all pretty god at telling it like it is.

Jackie Schuknecht
01-05-2014, 08:20 AM
Anita I find critiquing tricky. I try to mention positive things about an image, and suggest things that I think look wrong to my eye. But in my opinion they are only suggestions. The poster can take it or leave it. One thing I know is that I will always get an honest critique from you, so I wouldn't change your style!

Anita Bower
01-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Thank you all for your thoughtful and supportive responses. I feel reassured that I'm not out of line.

Constructive critiques are challenging and educational, both for the commentator and the photographer. I appreciate the honesty and sensitivity of this forum.

Mitch Carucci
01-13-2014, 11:02 AM
Anita,

I might not always agree, but I always appreciate you critical comments. You have a keen eye, and often point up things I had missed.

Please don't change.

Mitch

Anita Bower
01-13-2014, 11:05 AM
Anita,

I might not always agree, but I always appreciate you critical comments. You have a keen eye, and often point up things I had missed.

Please don't change.

Mitch
It is wonderful to interact with people who are open to differing opinions. Thank you!