PDA

View Full Version : Oystercatcher

Fabio Genovieri
01-02-2014, 01:19 PM
http://i.minus.com/i4VcelBXuhpuQ.jpg

Nikon D90 Sigma 150-500 to 350 Iso1000 1/2000sec f8.0 frre-hand + OS on

Greetings to all the photographers and visitors to this wonderful forum, I followed him for a long time as a visitor, but now I have decided to insert as my first picture, this photo was taken five days ago on a beach in Tuscany in Italy, for us is not a common occurrence, but a very rare event, the picture was taken without references, meter eats mussels found near the shore, in the middle of the day, with a good light.

Henry Domke
01-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Welcome to BPN! What a wonderful first image to post!
I can usually find something with an image that I think should be changed but not with this one.
L'unica cosa che posso pensare di dire è che è perfetto. Congratulazioni!

(In English: The only thing I can think to say is that it's perfect. Congratulations!)

Daniel Cadieux
01-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Welcome to BPN Fabio!! Very nice first post, very nice details as posted and good job with the exposure. Nice background. Only suggestion is to frame the composition a bit looser as I find the flying subject a bit tight in the frame.

Hope to see more from you, and don't be shy to comment on others' images too:S3:

adrian dancy
01-03-2014, 07:57 AM
I agree with a less tight composition. It looks to me as though you have attempted to recover some whites or details in the whites just a bit too aggressively. A superb capture.

Fabio Genovieri
01-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Thank you all for your comments and for the welcome, I realized that I must have done something wrong, the image is not displayed in the correct proportions with different browsers, the reality is 1024X680, for safety I post the link here below and sorry for the mistake http://i.minus.com/i4VcelBXuhpuQ.jpg

Marina Scarr
01-04-2014, 06:34 PM
Big, warm welcome to BPN, Fabio. What a super first pose. If I am not mistaken, this is a young oystercatcher b/c it still has dark on the beak. Nice flight pose against a nice blue background (BG.) Agree I'd like to see a little looser of a crop.

If you'd like to upload images from the BPN site, it's only $20 per year for the membership to do so and it makes it much easier to upload images.

Looking forward to seeing more of your images.