PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Theme: Winter Stream

Nancy Bell
01-01-2014, 07:45 PM
I photographed this in a nearby National Forest area that I just love and hike frequently. It is less than 15 minutes from home and the dog does not have to be on a leash :S3:.

I used topaz simplify 4, pastel II, a layer of fractalius at 25% multiply blend mode, nik viveza to reduce contrast, and some PS stuff.

A very happy new year to everyone!!!

Dennis Bishop
01-01-2014, 08:28 PM
It looks like a great place for hiking. I really like the foreground shape, the reflections in the water, the color palette, and the Simplify effect. The curve of the far bank of the stream nicely guides the eye through the image, and the dark vegetation and shadows in the left foreground point back into the image. Very well done.

Diane Miller
01-02-2014, 12:07 AM
Very nice watercolor effect and nice use of wide angle (or at least it looks wide angle, with the emphasis on the FG). I'm thinking it feels a little crowded at the top edge, but maybe there's a good reason there isn't more room there. If you were trying to minimize white sky, I don't think that's an issue here, with all the lovely white snow.

Jackie Schuknecht
01-02-2014, 11:35 AM
I like all the textures and the leaves in the water, and the blue shadow from the bank. Just a tad tight on the top with the cedars in the URC cut off.

Cheryl Slechta
01-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Nancy, I like the shape of the water and the subtle reflections. Looks like a neat place:S3:

Anita Bower
01-02-2014, 08:11 PM
The first thing that caught my eye was the shape of the water--a very pleasing shape, reaching out to me. I like the amount of simplification you did--pleasing to the eye. The white, white of the snow works well. The warm colors of the vegetation are a nice contrast to the cool colors of the water, and come into the water with the reflection. I, too, find the top part a bit cut off. Lovely place to hike.

Nancy Bell
01-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Thanks everyone! I did cut off a bit of the sky so I think I can fix that.

Judy Howle
01-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Lovely image Nancy! Nice composition; the shape of the water really makes the image, and the color palette is beautiful, with just the right amount of simplification.