PDA

View Full Version : Ice Age

Randy Stout
12-31-2013, 03:09 PM
I captured this last week after a ice storm blew through my locale, leaving many without power (some are still out!)
I saw that Daniel was posting some of his ice images and thought I would post this one.

D4 Sigma 180 f/3.5 1/60s f/22 ISO 1000. Gitzo.

Advice and comments always appreciated.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Cheers

Randy

Diane Miller
01-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Comments: Wonderful! Advice: Stay warm. What we hear of the cold weather back east is frightening. I hope everyone is managing OK. We think it's cold here when it gets down to freezing at night (but then it's 60+ in the afternoons).

I love how the bottom of the leaf is exposed and the rest is a complex icicle. I love the sharpness and composition, and the OOF gray BG adds greatly to the mood.

Steve Maxson
01-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Beautiful, Randy! An interesting ice sculpture and I like how clearly the leaf shows through the ice. Also, nice comp and an appropriate OOF gray background which helps to set the wintery mood. Very well done.

It was -36 degrees here yesterday! :t3

Jonathan Ashton
01-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Yes this works for me a nice angle and composition. No really cold weather here yet so I am really feeling a little left out with these super icicle shots.

Mitch Haimov
01-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Very cool Randy! Excellent comp, detail, and BG. Water in all its states makes for great photographic opportunities.

BenBotha
02-10-2014, 07:16 AM
We dont get that cold where I am living-just the opposite. Lovely image, I like the colour that the leaf is adding to the photo and it is sharp.
Ben