PDA

View Full Version : new years greeting

stuart wanuck
12-31-2013, 03:00 PM
nikon d 700
infrared

Dennis Bishop
12-31-2013, 03:56 PM
As I scrolled down to see the entire image, the splash of red from the cardinal really startled me. In a good way . . . I like it with the high contrast black & white. The image is very nicely composed, and the trees on the right and left frame it well. I also like that you put the oil paint (???) texture outside the box.

Cheryl Slechta
12-31-2013, 04:59 PM
Stuart, I think your base images are always very, very good and this one is no exception. I like the combination of black/white and Oil Paint and revealing the red of the cardinal is a nice touch. Happy New Year to you too:S3:

Nancy Bell
01-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Great composition and nicely done in B & W. The red cardinal is a perfect touch! I really like the look of the tree branches in oil paint and how they are all intertwined. Creative choice for a frame that pulls it all together.

Jackie Schuknecht
01-02-2014, 10:15 AM
Happy New Year, love the bird with the splash of red and him looking out of the frame towards the New Year. Judicious use of OP, which works well here.

Anita Bower
01-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Great image of barn and fences. I like how you processed them, with lots of texture and character. The red Cardinal is a great idea! The Cardinal looks a bit too big for the rest of the elements on the scene.