PDA

View Full Version : Santa Fe New Mexico

Cheryl Slechta
12-30-2013, 06:59 PM
I could spend weeks on the streets of Santa Fe, New Mexico and never get my fill of things to see and photograph. This vase was outside one of the many galleries. I used one of the custom presets in Nik Color Efex.

Dennis Bishop
12-30-2013, 09:52 PM
This is a great combination of composition, colors and textures. The lighting is very effective, too. I sort of wish the little hook (???) in the upper left weren't there, but it certainly isn't a show-stopper. Very nicely done.

Hazel Grant
12-30-2013, 11:28 PM
Has a dreamy quality about it. like it.

LinzRiverBalmer
12-31-2013, 02:34 AM
Very nice Cheryl... Beautiful qualities here.

Santa Fe is awesome for photos! Did you make it to Taos or any of the old Pueblo Missions??

Cheryl Slechta
12-31-2013, 08:49 AM
Thanks, Dennis, Hazel and Linz. Dennis, I thought about removing the hook but I decided I liked it in part because it balanced the diagonal ledge on the right. Linz, I did get to Taos for most of one day - took the Low Road going and the High Road coming back to Santa Fe. I went to Taos Pueblo and next visit I'll plan on staying in Taos at least one night so I can explore more of the area.

Nancy Bell
01-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Very well seen and processed. I really like the contrast of the red bush with its sharper details against the dreamy shape and colors of the pot. I think I would prefer that hook not to be there.

Jackie Schuknecht
01-02-2014, 10:10 AM
I like the softness and the reflection of the sky(?) in the ceramic pot. Nice complementary colours too Cheryl. Did you use the foliage filter?

Cheryl Slechta
01-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Jackie, thanks. I used the Soft and Grainy recipe. I have my own custom recipes but about 8 other ones popped up sometime when I wasn't looking. I think it's strange that Google/Nik add things without the user being aware. But I like them and have been using them a lot on some of my Santa Fe images so I can't complain.:S3:

I like the softness and the reflection of the sky(?) in the ceramic pot. Nice complementary colours too Cheryl. Did you use the foliage filter?

Anita Bower
01-03-2014, 06:52 PM
I especially like the colorful leaves. I wish the bowl were either sharper or further back.