PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel's pose

PRABIR BHATTACHARYYA
12-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Saw this on a bay leaf tree.
Playing in the mid day sun...
Had to hike up the ISO because of the movement..

7D, 400mm
1/1000s, f/5.6, ISO-1000
Thanks for visiting.

Rachel Hollander
12-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Hi Prabir - very cute and the format works well. You should be able to tame the highlights a bit more either in your raw converter or with a luminosity mask. There's some noise in the bg, most noticeable near the head and there's also a bright spot at the very bottom of the frame. Overall a nice one.

TFS,
Rachel

PRABIR BHATTACHARYYA
12-28-2013, 10:38 AM
Thanks a lot Rachel. I have made some modifications as advised by you.
This should better I guess.
Thanks again.

Steve Kaluski
12-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Hi Prabir, the RP looks better, but I still think some of the main highlights need taming. You could apply a Luminosity mask and just then reveal the parts you need to address. Is this a large crop, as I feel the IQ looks a little crunchy, however I love the pose with the flower, very cute. If it were me, I would remove the piece of wood touching the flower stalk and crop a little more off the top, but I'm not sure if the IQ will allow any more cropping?

TFS
Steve

GertOoms
12-28-2013, 01:43 PM
Hi Prabir,

I would, if the IQ let's you, loose a bit on the bottom to just remove the piece off wood as suggested by Steve. Pose and format are working well together. Looks like this squirrel is quite selective.

TFS
Gert

Anette Mossbacher
12-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Hi Prabir,

what a cute chap. The highlights are a it disturbing, I am sure when you follow Steve's suggestions you will get there. RP looks better :bg3:

Ciao
Anette

hennieloots
01-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Hi Prabir - very cute image and the flower just takes the cake! I do think the RP looks good re NR.
TFS
Hennie

Arthur Morris
01-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Hi Prabir,

I would, if the IQ let's you, loose a bit on the bottom to just remove the piece off wood as suggested by Steve. Pose and format are working well together. Looks like this squirrel is quite selective.

TFS
Gert

Or just eliminate the extraneous piece of wood with a Quick Mask. This image cracks me up--it looks as if the squirrel is wearing an oxygen mask!

Easy question: is there a tutorial somewhere on a luminosity mask? That is a new one on me.

Steve Kaluski
01-09-2014, 11:27 AM
Easy question: is there a tutorial somewhere on a luminosity mask? That is a new one on me.

Artie, I think Rachel wrote one, but I will email you with a simple recipe :w3

Rachel Hollander
01-09-2014, 11:28 AM
Hi Artie - Robert was the one who originally taught me about Luminosity Masks and there's a sticky linking to some of his tutorials at the top of the forum. Here's a more recent thread discussing them in brief and giving a step by step tutorial for the most often suggested luminosity adjustment (dealing with bright highlights). You can invert the selection and apply a screen adjustment to lighten darker areas. You can also select just one particular color channel. I believe Tony Kuyper has done the most extensive writings and tutorials on the use of luminosity masks.

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/115042-Luminosity-masks

Rachel

Steve Kaluski
01-09-2014, 11:42 AM
Rachel apologies, you were quite right, it was you who wrote it, reply amended. :S3: