PDA

View Full Version : 'Arches National Park Trail Guide and Photographic Collection' - Coffee Table Book - Critique

Terry Johnson
12-27-2013, 05:16 PM
Hello, I developed a Trail Guide/Coffee Table book awhile back for Arches National Park and have never had anyone or group critique/review the document and provide feedback.

The name of the document is 'Arches National Park - A Trail Guide and Photographic Collection. This is my first attempt at developing a photographic collection so any advice as far as text, format, theme, flow, photos, etc. would be appreciated. I have not tried to publish the document. I created the document more for our own home as a coffee table book, however, some have suggested I should check into a possible publication.

http://www.tj622.com/images/Arches%20Book/

Thank you for your review and comments...Terry Johnson

Andrew McLachlan
12-27-2013, 09:53 PM
Hi Terry, thanks for posting in the landscape forum, unfortunately the link to your photographic collection is really not something that can be critiqued in this forum. What I would suggest is that you post some single images that you may wish to receive critiques on. I look forward to seeing your images.

Robert Amoruso
12-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Terry,

Besides Andrew's comment above - which I agree with - your use of NPS maps and brochures may be copyright infringement in a for sale publication.

Terry Johnson
12-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Robert, thanks for the feedback. I was under the impression that NPS maps and brochures fell under public domain and would not be a copyright issue. I will follow up with NPS to make sure. What did you think of the book?

PS; I looked at your website...Great images, nice editing and formatting...Terry Johnson

David Stephens
12-28-2013, 09:32 PM
It may not belong here, but I see no other way to gain comments than to post the link.

I think that it's a great mix of information and photography. I need to buy it before I go over the Rockies to see it for myself. Any recommendations for someone going to see it under snow?