PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Upper Antelope

David Kennedy
05-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Canon 5D and 16-35mm f/2.8 L Mk. II @ 16mm
Exposed 1/2 sec. @ f/9, ISO 100
Upper Antelope Canyon, Page, Ariz.

Captured just before exiting the canyon at the behest of our tour guide right around 11:50am. I didn't want to leave! All comments greatly appreciated!

Gayle Clement
05-11-2008, 10:44 PM
I love this, David. The play of light and shadows is just wonderful and my eye follows the curves back and forth across the pictures. Nice job!

Harold Davis
05-12-2008, 06:52 AM
this is different and really nice!! i love it. just the right amount of shadows and light for me. great job!!

Robert Amoruso
05-12-2008, 09:45 AM
David,

I can see immediately why you created this image - hence the name. The diagonals in the rocks lead right to the exit or what appears to be the exit with the sun light streaming in. The bright exit has detail and the bright area catching your eye works since it points the way to the exit (a common critique in images is that overly bright areas catch the eye - here that is the point) . The viewers expectation is to see bright light amongst the shadows.

The dark tones are just right with varying levels of detail. Excellent visualization and execution. One of my favor of yours so far.

Roman Kurywczak
05-12-2008, 10:15 AM
HI David,
Robert's assesment is right on here. I will add that the udulations and curves add greatly to the composition as well as the light play. The little triangular shape at the top, in the brightest part, is the final piece to a very beautiful image!

Michael Pancier
05-13-2008, 10:37 AM
love this composition. so many ops there; if only there were more time.