PDA

View Full Version : Shedding Old Skin

Allen Sparks
12-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Here is an old shot from my archives I thought captured some interesting behavior. I rotated the image from horizontal to vertical.

Canon Rebel XT, Sigma 150mm macro, Tamron 1.4x TC, HH
ISO 400, f11, 1/200s

Steve Maxson
12-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Hi Allen. This is very cool behavior that you captured! It looks like the old head "skin" is still attached at the front. Nice lighting, very good exposure on the whites and yellows (which tend to blow out very easily), good overall sharpness- except at the very bottom of the frame where it's starting to go soft (a very minor point for me), and a clean background. As usual, this is very nicely done!

Jonathan Ashton
12-31-2013, 11:28 AM
I like the exposure and composition, it is good to see a behavioural image. The image is well focused but not the sharpest I have seen (possibly the combo of sigma and tamron?).

Diane Miller
01-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Love the sharpness, detail and colors. Looks very accordion-like toward the bottom.

Nancy Bell
01-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Agree with all the above. Would like just a bit more space at the bottom as it appears the action is downward, as in the pushing away of the old skin.

Mitch Haimov
01-05-2014, 07:19 PM
You found a very interesting moment, Allen! Would be interesting to watch the process unfold. Perfect BG for your subject. Top and bottom a little tight for my tastes.