PDA

View Full Version : Schwabacher's Landing in Early Snow

Gayle Clement
01-06-2008, 11:29 AM
This is one of about 500 images from an early snow in the Grand Tetons. I have many others from this spot but I would like feedback on this one.

I appreciate comments and critique.

Nikon D2Xs
Nikon 24-120 f3.5-5.6 VR
1/90s f/22.0 at 45.0mm iso100

Glenn Heinecke
01-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Beautiful comp and great reflection. Not knowing what time of day this was taken, it may be a faithful reproduction of the lighting, but it appears a little dark for my tastes. I would like to see the trees a little lighter if possible. May be tough to do without blowing the whites.

Glenn

Robert Amoruso
01-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Hi Gayle,

If you want to bring up the trees, do a selection of the shadows and use a curves adjustment layer. Also Shadow/Highlight adjustment might help. I would, if you have it in the original, like to see a bit more of the bottom to include the cut-off tree tops on the lower left.

Jason Hahn
01-07-2008, 07:29 AM
Very peaceful scene, the clarity of the reflection is a great element in this image. Same nits as baove, its a little dark, and a little more room to include the full tree reflections would be nice. I particularly like the sweep of the bank and that you included the frosty bank in the lower right, creates a nice balance in the foreground to the distant peak.

Jason