PDA

View Full Version : european nuthatch The pose

christopher galeski
12-22-2013, 06:58 AM
Taken the other week in my local wood,cannon 500mm IS L F4,7D,tripod,ISO1250,F4,1/160S,cropped and sharpened.thanks for looking.

Steve Kaluski
12-22-2013, 07:15 AM
Hi Chris, based on the techs, looks like you were fighting for light & SS which is a real pain as I like the shot but just wish for some more DOF, however given the circumstances you did well. Like the pose & incline of the tree, just all seems to sit well, although perhaps a slight turn of the head a fraction to the left to aid more clarity & separation to the eye? Did you lighten the image, as I just wonder about dropping the exposure to the tree only to add a bit more contrast between tree & BKG? Perhaps a slight Curves adjustment may help on the swept back wings, but avoiding any dark or shadow areas WDYT?

TFS
Steve

Sidharth Kodikal
12-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Love your comp, bird placement and size in the frame. Good job focusing on the eye/beak with that shallow dof. I wish the head was turn away slightly. Tough lighting well handled.

christopher galeski
12-23-2013, 02:10 AM
Thanks for looking and comments,Steve, thanks for your ideas,when I looked at the image in DPP,I just tweaked the shadows a touch,when I have a bit more time will try your suggestion's,I have more images of this bird on this tree looking the other wy with a bit more DOF.Thanks again and all the best for Christmas and New Year.

christopher galeski
12-23-2013, 02:29 AM
Had ago at what you suggested Steve,what do you think.

Satish Ranadive
12-24-2013, 06:38 AM
Excellent image. Re post looks lovely. Very nice pose, colors, BG and composition.Agree about head turn.

Regards,
Satish.