PDA

View Full Version : resting flamingos

Lorant Voros
12-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Of course the region I live is famous by these per-hestoric beautiful and colorful birds. I saw these near while photographing little shore birds. They woke up and gave this nice pose to me.
I wish there was no banding, wish I was a bit closer and for some nicer light. One bird part removed from the last part of the frame.

Comments are welcome.

1DMKIV
500mm+1.4
ISO400
f:8
1/500

Arthur Morris
12-19-2013, 10:35 AM
That is pretty cool--3 birds and only 3 legs... Th third bird detracts from the wonderful design of the fist two birds with their great poses. I'd lose the band and tree branches near the face of the bird on our left.

Randy Stout
12-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Lorant:

Nice low shooting angle, mirrored poses of two main birds.

Agree that not having the third birds neck would be stronger.

It does make you study the image however to figure out the combination of legs and other body parts.

Cheers

Randy

Sidharth Kodikal
12-19-2013, 06:29 PM
Very interesting poses and lovely, super low shooting angle.
The symmetry is great and I enjoyed discovering the folded legs.

arash_hazeghi
12-20-2013, 12:14 AM
love the two birds and everything else but the third bird.

Martin Dunn
12-20-2013, 08:58 AM
2 birds in lovely symmetry, the third one spoils it a bit by not playing ball but very striking nonetheless. Also not keen on the leg tag.

Daniel Cadieux
12-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Neat shapes and curves, and I dig the low angle. Agree about the third bird, but like Randy I found myself studying the image to figure things out...and I say this in a fun way. I also agree that I'd remove the oof branches near the left bird's bill.

Holger Leyrer
12-20-2013, 04:22 PM
Very interesting poses and lovely, super low shooting angle.
The symmetry is great and I enjoyed discovering the folded legs.
I agree with Sidharth in all points.
The only thing i would remove would be the ring on the leg (but i think this is not easy)