PDA

View Full Version : Fieldfare

Jonathan Ashton
12-19-2013, 09:08 AM
Canon 7D Canon 500mm +1.4TC ISO 400 1/1600sec f5.6

This is the same fieldfare as previously posted this time with a berry, the image has been flipped horizontally.
All C&C welcome.

Mike Landwehr
12-19-2013, 09:24 AM
Jonathan, I like the berry, the open beak, and the tongue! Nice catchlight. Reasonably sharp. I'm not sure that I would flip the image horizontally. Since our eyes usually view images from left to right, I generally find images more pleasing when the subject is facing left.

Jonathan Ashton
12-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Mike it is because we view left to right that I flipped it:w3

Shawn Zierman
12-20-2013, 02:35 AM
The toungue detail is very nice. Gorgeous bird too. I enjoyed the previous image as well. The background control is an issue here, as the large shape on the right has too much presence in the scene....I can't make it out, a chimney, a great horned owl :)...whatever. I so want to see this species in North America...one winter record, near where I live actually, but it was far before my time...

Satish Ranadive
12-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Excellent image, Jonathan. Very nice pose with open beak and with berry. I like the perch, nice blue/brown BG, lights and composition.

Regards,
Satish.

keith mitchell
12-20-2013, 09:17 AM
Jonathan I like the bird with the bit of berry on it's beak, but would like o see the bird more to the left of the frame and the dark bit does draw my eye, after saying this it's better than the fieldfare images that I have.

Keith.

Daniel Cadieux
12-20-2013, 12:26 PM
I like the feeding behaviour. I do wish for a better head angle and I would have pointed the lens more to the right or even better physically moved right (or left before the flip:t3). I do like the richness of the light and colours.

Jonathan Ashton
12-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Thanks again to everyone for the comments, my viewpoint was very restricted I was sitting in the back of my friend's car - we used the car as a mobile hide/blind.