Exposure: 1/400 @ f/8
ISO: 100
HH
Slight crop & Detail Extractor @ 25%

Thanks.
David

Diane Miller
12-18-2013, 11:31 PM
OK -- better! Not tack sharp compared to the best here, but probably OK for the lens you are using. A 70-300 (even the Canon) at its longest focal length isn't comparable to a prime lens. I suspect it will be your limiting factor, from the conventional wisdom.

I'd be tempted to go to at least ISO 200 and get more SS, just for a little more sharpness. It will take experience and (better) some controlled testing to know the limits of your lens and body. And to know the limits of processing. You might want to give information about the latter. I'm seeing what may be some loss of detail from noise here -- the exposure here looks good but did you bring up exposure in processing? I don't know what to expect from the 60D. And a lot depends on the light.

John Chardine
12-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Hi David, the basic elements are there, although I agree some extra sharpness would not hurt. I think the green/yellow cast and flat look don't do any favours to the image. Here's a version where I have adjusted the colour balance (Cyan-Red -17, Magenta-green -28) and upped the saturation a little (+6). All this was done in Adjustment layers so that you can revisit anytime.

David N Smith
12-21-2013, 10:24 AM
John, thanks for your input. I do like your version better.

David