PDA

View Full Version : Hudsonian Godwit (Limosa haemastica)

Ramon M. Casares
05-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Hi everybody! I have been very bussy this last month, so I didn't have much time to participate, I apologize for that, but now, that I have found a minute before I leave again to a very interesting photographic journey, I wanted to share with you this beautifull Hudsonian Godwit, photographed in PUNTA RASA, San Clemente de Tuyú, Buenos Aires, Argentina. The light is not at all the ideal, but this was one special oportunity to photograph such a wonderfull bird. I hope that despite the hard light you like it anyway! Enjoy!!!

Doug Brown
05-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Hi Ramon! I like the stream of water coming off the tip of the bill. Sharpness and exposure look good. The crop seems a little off to me. I would remove some from the bottom, and a little to the top and right of the frame. As posted, the bird is too centered and sits too high in the frame. It would help if you would post technical data on your photo, and also if you would post at the maximum allowable size (800 pixels in the longest dimension). Thanks for sharing.

Axel Hildebrandt
05-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Nice pose and angle. I get to see hudsonians here in the late summer, too. It's always a treat. I agree regarding a bigger image. There seems to be a sharpening halo but it's hard to say at this size. Keep them coming.

Ramon M. Casares
05-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Thank you for your comments and insights! I forgot to post the technical data, so here it goes:
Canon 20D - Sigma 70-200+2x - Mini tripod.
Iso 200
Tv 640
Av 8
Raw - Full frame

About the size, you're right, I should've post it bigger, but I had it ready in that size for my website so I just used this one, I will post the next one bigger, I promess!