PDA

View Full Version : Canon 5D3 useful setting

Miguel Palaviccini
12-17-2013, 10:58 PM
One thing that I like quite a bit about my transition from Nikon to Canon is the button layout. Being able to change the ISO with my right hand while shooting a long lens is very nice. I had a workaround with Nikon, but it's not as seamless.

Well, as I was playing around with my new 5D3, I found that I really wanted to find a way to be able to review and zoom in/out of images with only my right hand (As my left will be used to support the lens). This would allow for a fast transition between reviewing images (for critical sharpness) and getting back to shooting.

I found a way that allows you to press the SET button and it will take you directly into the imager review + zoom. That's two buttons on the left side that is replaced by one on the right! Here goes: In the Custom Controls, assign the SET button to "Mag/Reduce". That's it!

You may have already known that, but if you didn't I hope it helps. If you've got any settings up your sleeve, please feel free to share. Now it's time to go back and figure out all of the AF settings!

Doug Brown
12-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Thanks Miguel!

arash_hazeghi
12-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Further more, it will actually zoom on the active AF sensor (not just the center of the frame)

Steve Uffman
12-23-2013, 10:31 PM
thanks ..gonna try that

Steve Uffman
01-11-2014, 02:35 PM
thanks ..gonna try that

Actually, I have found it quite useful...thanks