PDA

View Full Version : THEME - Bosque Road

Cheryl Slechta
12-15-2013, 05:13 PM
An image from Bosque del Apache- I used a slow shutter speed as I held the camera in front of me and walked down the road. I like doing that:S3: Instead of applying a texture I did a dup. layer and over-sharpened to get some texture.

Dennis Bishop
12-15-2013, 06:25 PM
I thought your technique of slow shutter speed while walking was so clever when you posted an image from, I think, Paynes Prairie. Does the over-sharpening give the embossed look?

I like all the brownish colors with the blue sky. The road gives a great leading line into the image, and the diagonals are effective, too. I'd be inclined to lighten part of the vegetation on the right a bit to give it some variability and to reduce the average level of darkness, there. It's nice just the way it is, however.

Diane Miller
12-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Nice idea and very effective for this image. Gives the feeling of, well, walking down the road. If I tried that I'd probably trip on something.
I hate to notice it for a creative image, but I see a crooked horizon...:e3

Cheryl Slechta
12-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Dennis, and Diane, thanks for your comments. Dennis, yes, it was Paynes Prairie and I'm sure people always think I'm weird when I do it. The over-sharpening did create the embossed look, perhaps because it had almost a multiple exposure look originally.
Diane, It probably isn't straight but I kind of like that tilt:S3:

Diane Miller
12-15-2013, 09:46 PM
It does fit very well for walking down the road looking thru a viewfinder!

Judy Howle
12-16-2013, 06:06 PM
This is very creative and the sharpening does give it a textured look. Nicely processed!

Andrew McLachlan
12-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Very cool Cheryl almost has a multiple exposure look to it :S3:

Christopher Miller
12-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Cheryl, I've actually tried taking photos while walking myself. I even once tried taking photos while running(didn't work, way too blurry!). I like the way the road and the left side look, but I don't like the right side with that large area of dark foliage. I think Dennis has a good idea to try to lighten that side. Love the warm colors.

Anita Bower
12-19-2013, 06:39 AM
A creative idea, perfect for OOTB.

Jackie Schuknecht
12-19-2013, 12:50 PM
I really like the blur Cheryl. Might be nice to bring more tones to the trees on the right as Dennis mentioned:S3:.