PDA

View Full Version : OUR FIRST DAY

Cheryl Arena Molennor
12-15-2013, 12:09 PM
These are the moments I live for with my photography and I hope for so many more to come. This sweet pair had just hatched out on this particular morning and I couldn't have been more excited to be able to share this great opportunity with friends. The nest sight was a good as it gets.
Canon 1DMIV
500mm f4 w/1.4
ISO 640 f10 @1.1250

vishaljadhav
12-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Interesting looking image
the chicks are so cute, the green plants add a lot to the image, and the flower adds that dash of the colour that completes a lovely frame
at first look i thought it needed some CCW rotation but it was more my eye that the slant foreground made me think that way, over all i don't think it needs any rotation
on selective colours in grey i added 6 points of black in it which popped the chicks more, but its just the taste.
very nicely done cute image

Miguel Palaviccini
12-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Cheryl,

Wow, must be nice to get the chance to witness these guy's first day!

I might take a little off the bottom and left - so I gave it a shot. Hope you don't mind. I also sharpened the guy on the left a little bit, although I was careful not to oversharpen them as they are supposed to be soft and fluffy!

Miguel

Cheryl Arena Molennor
12-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Thank you both for the suggestions and comments. Yes Miguel I see your crop takes away from the distraction of the blurred foreground. Thanks:wave:I think I still need the room on top though :)

gail bisson
12-15-2013, 02:45 PM
This is sweet and special Cheryl. I really like the flower in the RUC and the way the foliage frames the chicks.
Wonderful that both chicks have highlights in the eye.
I like the OP in terms of composition. I can't remember if you are anti-cloning but I would get rid of the branch exiting the frame on the right,
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
12-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Pretty appealing foliage you got here...is that some type of Morning Glory? The two little fellas are just too cute. That must have been way too much fun photographing that nest!

arash_hazeghi
12-15-2013, 08:45 PM
this is sweet Cheryl! you did an excellent job! I like Moguel's repost

Don Lacy
12-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Wonderful image Cheryl, love the comp and setting

Loi Nguyen
12-15-2013, 11:56 PM
Cheryl, this is lovely sweet image. Please tell us what kind of birds are these. I like the OP composition, but I understand the leaf on the left hand side a bit distracting. Miguel's RP took care of the leaf, but throwing the image off balance. Loi

Stu Bowie
12-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Hi Cheryl, the right place at the right time, and you come away with real contest winner here. Love the way the two are looking at each other, and your low shooting angle turned out well. I realise the plants are not that large, but it does show the difference in size of the little chicks. Comp wise, a bit off the bottom, miguel's crop from the left, and a bit more space top and right. :w3

Cheryl Arena Molennor
12-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Cheryl,

Wow, must be nice to get the chance to witness these guy's first day!

I might take a little off the bottom and left - so I gave it a shot. Hope you don't mind. I also sharpened the guy on the left a little bit, although I was careful not to oversharpen them as they are supposed to be soft and fluffy!

Miguel
OK here is my repost I took from left and bottom and did NOT add canvas to the top. Do you think it works?

Juan Carlos Vindas
12-16-2013, 03:14 PM
Very cute guys you have here Cheryl.
So nice to see them facing each other and the nice light. I prefer the OP as the repost is too tight in my opinion.

Holger Leyrer
12-16-2013, 04:17 PM
I prefer the OP too.
I think it shows better how small the birds are

Jim Crosswell
12-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Beautiful image Cheryl! I like the OP and look forward to seeing more.se