PDA

View Full Version : Banking Steppe

vishaljadhav
12-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Have tried to make this image for some time now, not the perfect pose that i want
this one is made standing at corner of the hill and these guys tend to go around in the valley,

5D MIII + 400 f2.8 + 2x
ISO 1000, f7.1 , 1/2000 at 2/3rd stop over

cropped vertical from the original horizontal image as i liked this composition better
Let me know your thoughts

best regards
vishal

Cheryl Arena Molennor
12-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Super nice!! The detail is incredible as is the light and pose! love it Vishaljadhav

Holger Leyrer
12-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Wonderful flight pose, sharp, colors and details. Love the light on the bird and the BG. Fantastic image, vishal

Miguel Palaviccini
12-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Not sure what else you want in a pose! I like it quite a bit and think the detail is superb.

I may be seeing a slight blue cast (if the wingtips are supposed to be black), but that may just be my monitor.

Miguel

gail bisson
12-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Your choice of vertical comp is perfect for this pose.
I like the IQ and the mottled BG of clouds and sky as well. Great light.
I too, feel the color isn't quite right but I was thinking it was a yellow caste. I am the first to admit that I have not seen this eagle in real life so will let you be the final judge.
A great shot Vishal and one to be proud of,
gail

Daniel Cadieux
12-15-2013, 06:17 PM
I love the hint of cloud in the BG, and you could not have asked for a better pose to go with your vertical comp. The contrast looks good on the face but it looks like the blacks could go darker on the wings and tail (especially lower wing).

Amol Khedgikar
12-15-2013, 08:18 PM
FAntastic Image Vishal, Love it.

The wing spread, light, details and the HA all great, as has been said before there is good contrast on the head but the wings ad the back feathers could go a little darker. I know the Blue cast is due to the Haze in the Air around this time around Pune (I am assuming this was around Pune or near Panchgani).

Loi Nguyen
12-16-2013, 12:09 AM
Beautiful banking pose and BG. Looks like the mountain is your BG. Great details. I would suggest sharpening around the head a tad more. Loi

vishaljadhav
12-16-2013, 12:51 AM
FAntastic Image Vishal, Love it.

(I am assuming this was around Pune or near Panchgani).

Amol you are exactly right about the place, its panchgani,
The morning haze is there in the valley giving the surrounding a blue ting and yes its the way it looked on the field,
The BG actually are not clouds, they are a combination of Haze, and mountains nearly a few miles from the place i was shooting, they look really interesting when we look at the valley.
here i am shooting from a vantage point then there is a valley followed by a big water body and on the other side are the mountains which are in the BG.

arash_hazeghi
12-16-2013, 01:25 AM
great topside view and light. details appear a tad coarse to my eye, use lower radius when sharpening

Stu Bowie
12-16-2013, 09:31 AM
Hi Vishal, great banking angle, shows the top view of the wings nicely, and good DOF from wing tip to wing tip. The clouds in the sky makes that area special, and all IO would do is add a touch more contrast to the whole image.:w3

vishaljadhav
12-16-2013, 12:13 PM
i rel-ooked at the image and agree on the addition of black and so i added 6 points on it

Juan Carlos Vindas
12-16-2013, 03:25 PM
Repost looks way better.
Very cool raptor, love the pose and light. Thanks for sharing your work.

David Salem
12-19-2013, 03:38 AM
Wow, very nice Vishal. Love the pose and the feather etching on this bird is awesome. Everything looks great. Well done.. One of your best!