PDA

View Full Version : Weekly theme: last flowers of summer

Nancy Bell
12-13-2013, 05:34 PM
These were my last flowers of the summer/fall. I brought them in and arranged them on a lightbox to photograph. Added a texture to the bkgd and a border from Nik Efex Pro, did some PS adjustments and changed opacities and colors; then a layer of topaz simplify 4, paint, impression natural, with adjusted opacity.

Dennis Bishop
12-13-2013, 05:55 PM
This looks absolutely joyous. It was a while before I realized some petals were missing, but it didn't matter at all. The lavender and yellow are wonderful together with the touches of red and green. The background and border fit the image very well. Nice work.

Cheryl Slechta
12-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Hi, Nancy, joyous is a very good description. I like the way you arranged them on the light pad and the curling leaves and stems. Very, very nitpicky but I would remove the little tip of leaf on top of the bottom right petal. :S3:

Christopher Miller
12-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Lovely composition, Nancy! I like the bright colors and the subtle BG texture goes well with the simple, painterly feel. I might lighten the dark area above the flowers just a tad.

Jackie Schuknecht
12-14-2013, 08:20 AM
Beautiful colours and composition Nancy! I love the watercolour effect.

Diane Miller
12-14-2013, 02:39 PM
Gorgeous! This put to rest the idea of odd numbers being more appealing than evens. A pair of pairs -- love it, and perfect processing!

Marina Scarr
12-14-2013, 09:19 PM
It's difficult for me to visualize how these were originally real flowers on a lightbox. You did a great job with your textures/techniques.

Anita Bower
12-15-2013, 07:03 AM
Gorgeous! Luminous! Happy!
Great work, from the way you arranged the flowers, to the processing. The only change I might try is to lighten the darker brown areas coming down from the top towards the flowers. Love it.

Nancy Bell
12-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Thank you so much everyone! Thanks for pointing out that I need to blend/lighten that darken brown above the flowers. It draws the eye away from the flowers.