PDA

View Full Version : Catch of the day!

Marc Mol
12-12-2013, 11:08 AM
An African Fish Eagle with a Tiger fish.
Taken from a boat on the Rufiji River, Selous GR- Tanzania.

D3s 500 f/4 VRII f/5.6 1/1600s ISO800 30% crop, CS5.

C & C most welcome

Cheers
Marc

Stu Bowie
12-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Hi Marc, the bird with the most beautiful call, and I could listen to it for hours. Excellent exposure, especially on the whites, and I like how the FE is perched in the open, with no hinder of foliage. I can see a version with you placing the FE a little further into the ULC. Taking a little off the top and LHS will sort that, or of course, recropping the original. But you knew that. :w3

Martin Dunn
12-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Beautiful capture Marc.
Love the pose of the eagle and the fish in its talons.
I do find the BG a bit distracting, especially on the LH side, although it does frame the eagles head and neck well.
No doubt everyone will have their own opinions on the crop, personally I think a vertical crop would work well, losing alot of the foliage on the left side and perhaps coming in as far as the fork in the branch on the RH side.

Bill Dix
12-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Great pose, nice capture by you and the eagle. I like the head turn, and the talons on the fish. Lots of environment in this, which tends to overpower the subject for me. Might have been tempted to crop a bit further if the IQ holds up.

John Rowell
12-12-2013, 06:28 PM
I agree with the previous comments. The large amount of white in the background is distracting so if it could be darkened down would help I think.

Marina Scarr
12-12-2013, 08:18 PM
This is quite a fine image and for the most part, the environment works nicely. I think I would tighter up the crop just a little on top by cropping out the upper left white spot. This makes for a good story!

christopher galeski
12-13-2013, 04:46 AM
nice capture,good details in the bird,the fish is a bonus,nice pose and perch,agree on some form of cropping.TFS.