PDA

View Full Version : Theme- Textures- Thunder Thighs

Amol Khedgikar
12-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Taken During my work in the Everglades National Park. I was fortunate to have an opportunity to work with this super mom... One of the most successful gator moms I have seen in the wild. extremely tolerant of me in presence of her kids.... :) ( Back then I had just begun with photography so the techs are useless... )

REbel XTi+ sigma 50-500 @400mm, ISO 400, 1/125,

Almost full frame. Cropped a baby head out from the bottom. Pretty much as shot. Deliberately over sharpened to highlight the texture of the skin.

Hope you all like it.

Diane Miller
12-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Love it!! You are braver than I am!

I wonder how an alternate version would compare with the OOF grasses along the top blurred more (or a lot). Looks like it might not be that difficult to make a cutout along the gator's back. I love the level of detail and soft colors at the bottom edge and don't want anything to compete with it or the gator itself.

Cheryl Slechta
12-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Hi, Amol, great textures! I think I'd be tempted to crop the grasses out completely and just have an abstract alligator leg:S3: I posted one similar to this several year's ago - I love their back legs.

Judy Howle
12-12-2013, 07:33 PM
I really like it but agree with the others about the grass at the top which competes with the gator. I also like to shoot gators at a nearby national wildlife refuge in Northeast Mississippi.

Christopher Miller
12-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Very nice texture, Amol! Makes an excellent abstract image. Personally I would leave the grass on top because I like the current composition and to crop them out would change that. I agree with Diane's suggestion to blur them though. Nice work.

Nancy Bell
12-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Lots of good advice already on different ways you can go with this. Great 'gator texture and good title :w3!

Jackie Schuknecht
12-14-2013, 08:28 AM
Great crop, very bold! I love the skin texture. Very prehistoric looking.

Anita Bower
12-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Congratulations in placing first in the Texture theme.