PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Dancer

Cheryl Arena Molennor
12-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Don't know how this image will go over but I do like the originality of the idea. I had only a split second to get the shot and don't even ask me about the techs. Don't know what happened there with the ISO but I'm sure I hadn't realized it quickly enough and must have been shooting a landscape or something with the aperture at freekin 45 :bugeyed:. Wish I had more time to execute it. I saw it framed it and fired away. I have another frame showing a lot of motion on the raised foot which gave it a whole different feel but preferred this one. WDYT?

ISO 160
f 45 @1/120
Canon 1DMIV 500 f4 with 1.4

Henry Domke
12-11-2013, 09:38 PM
I like the fresh take on the subject! The pattern of the legs is very powerful, then as you keep looking you see the sinuous shadow of the whole bird. Fun!
The dark areas of the foreground distracted from the rest of the image. I thought I'd play with removing them. I also boosted the contrast a bit to make the legs pop more.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
12-11-2013, 09:47 PM
I like the fresh take on the subject! The pattern of the legs is very powerful, then as you keep looking you see the sinuous shadow of the whole bird. Fun!
The dark areas of the foreground distracted from the rest of the image. I thought I'd play with removing them. I also boosted the contrast a bit to make the legs pop more.

Henry, you did great! I love the difference and I will try this myself. Thanks much :)

David Salem
12-12-2013, 02:57 AM
Nice vision on this one Cheryl. Its different, in a good way and I think it works well. The cleaned up version makes for a better presentation. Good job seeing the shot.

keith mitchell
12-12-2013, 07:43 AM
Cheryl recon you must have an artistic eye to see the potential in this shot ,the contrast boost just adds to what is already a super image.

Rachel Hollander
12-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi Cheryl - I really like this, something unique and very well thought out for a split second shot. The shadow is great. Only thing I would add is to see if you can sharpen the stationary leg a bit more.

TFS,
Rachel

Marina Scarr
12-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Love your out of the box thinking here,Cheryl! As much as I don't like cleaning up beaches, I think this one works much better cleaned up. Great vision and execution!

Cheryl Arena Molennor
12-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Hi Cheryl - I really like this, something unique and very well thought out for a split second shot. The shadow is great. Only thing I would add is to see if you can sharpen the stationary leg a bit more.

TFS,
Rachel
Thanks everyone. Yeah Rachel I wish I could but for some reason its not sharp. It must have been moving and is motion blur? Thanks much

Grace Scalzo
12-12-2013, 10:00 PM
The more I look at this, the more I appreciate it. Well done. Only change i would consider is more room on the right since the shadow is the subject and it would be nice to have it not touch the edge of the frame. Cool title, too.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
12-13-2013, 07:52 AM
The more I look at this, the more I appreciate it. Well done. Only change i would consider is more room on the right since the shadow is the subject and it would be nice to have it not touch the edge of the frame. Cool title, too.

Hi Grace. My thoughts exactly and I actually have that room. I cropped too tight and have already adjusted that. I am still perfecting so I will post the final after this crazy day/night ahead of me. Thanks for commenting it is appreciated

Grace Scalzo
12-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Looking forward to it, Cheryl. It's really an interesting concept.