PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco de Asis, Taos

Cheryl Slechta
12-11-2013, 10:12 AM
I spent a couple of days in Santa Fe/Taos before going to the Bosque del Apache in November. This is the iconic San Francisco de Asis Church in Taos. I converted to black and white in Nik Silver Efex and reduced the opacity to 75% to show just a hint of color, cropped from the bottom and slight Smart Sharpen. I liked the geometric shapes of the building. I'd love to go back when there was snow on the ground. There were so many things to photograph that it would take weeks to scratch the surface.
Thanks for looking. Comments and suggestions appreciated.:S3:
Canon 5D Mk III, 17-40mm lens @ 17mm, f/8, 1/250 sec., handheld.

Morkel Erasmus
12-12-2013, 04:25 AM
Interesting image design, Cheryl. I'd have liked to see "all" of the LHS round structure (ie a little more space on that side).
The treatment works but it needs a hint more contrast for my tastes?

Anette Mossbacher
12-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Hi Cheryl,

very interesting building this must be.
I agree with Morkel on the LHS. Maybe you have a bit left over :w3
The conversion I like as it is.

Have a great day

Ciao
Anette

Diane Miller
12-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Nice abstraction! If it weren't for the textures it would be hard to guess what it might be, or what the scale is.

Cheryl Slechta
12-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Thanks for your comments, Morkel, Anette and Diane:S3: Actually I have a different version with more taken off of the left side that I like better. I'll try to post it tomorrow.

Andrew McLachlan
12-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Hi Cheryl, this looks like it is a cool building...love the conversion and agree on the LHS, but look forward to the next version...I could see more off working better too..I think because just a little is missing it leaves us wanting to see all of it. Very nice work!

Cheryl Slechta
12-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Thanks, Andrew, here's a version cropped. I just posted a different image that is cropped even more that has a different treatment.:S3:

Andrew McLachlan
12-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Hi Cheryl...I think this one works a little better with the new crop :S3:

Cheryl Slechta
12-18-2013, 08:38 AM
Me too.:S3: