PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Frost Rimmed Leaf

Anita Bower
12-11-2013, 07:17 AM
Here is the same image I posted earlier, but this time with only one of my textures.
f1.8, 50mm lens.
Crop, clone, Unsharp Mask. Topaz Adjust. CEP: Vignette, Contrast Color Range, Darken/Lighten Center.

Dennis Bishop
12-11-2013, 09:04 AM
What a difference a texture makes . . . Of course, that's why we use them. This is quite different from the previous one. Not only is the leaf and stem definitely a stronger part of the image, but the whole look is very different. Which do I like better? Today, this one; tomorrow, who knows? I really like the way the background colors complement those in the leaf, and the darker tones in the background make a nice vignette.

Diane Miller
12-11-2013, 01:57 PM
For me this is a stronger image than the one with the heavier texture. The leaf is so lovely it stands out so well with the more subtle treatment.

Nancy Bell
12-11-2013, 02:38 PM
I prefer this image with the visual emphasis more on the 2 leaves with such identical and graceful curves. Lovely soft bkgd and I like the very subtle lines & shadows that extend into the white frame.

LinzRiverBalmer
12-12-2013, 06:12 AM
Nicely done Anita! I find this very intriguing and softly beautiful. Not fond of the simple frame, but that's just personal preference.

Judy Howle
12-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Very nice work Anita. I like the frosty leaf and the soft background sets it off well. I like the framing too.

Christopher Miller
12-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Very nice, Anita. Love the soft, subtle look. Comparing this version with the previous one, I like both of them but for different reasons. The first one you posted really highlights the texture in the leaves, while this version has a much more delicate feel and highlights the composition of the leaves more.

Hazel Grant
12-12-2013, 11:21 PM
Ditto the above comments. Beautiful. I knew it was yours even before I saw your name.

Anita Bower
12-13-2013, 05:22 AM
Thank you all for your thoughtful comments. :bg3:

Jackie Schuknecht
12-14-2013, 08:14 AM
Anita, always fun to experiment with different versions. I think I prefer this one with the softer BG to contrast with all the textures on the leaves!

Anita Bower
12-14-2013, 02:25 PM
Anita, always fun to experiment with different versions. I think I prefer this one with the softer BG to contrast with all the textures on the leaves!
Thanks Jackie. I prefer this version also.