PDA

View Full Version : Skewered Ice Creature.

Daniel Cadieux
12-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Impaled from the mouth and along the spine from left to right, legs dangling below, internal organs visible through the clear body...eye still open. Morbid? Beautiful? Both!

This formation was too far off the shoreline and would require me wading out in the freezing water with anything less than the big lens and TC, which I used as a "macro" setup for this image. Amazing what the imagination can come up with when studying the ice formations...same day as the previous posts, I guess you could say I hit the ice jackpot that day!

Canon 7D + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/200s., f/16, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, about 75% FF.

Carl Walker
12-12-2013, 07:56 AM
I like it Daniel. I love the reflection in the water too. Quite a lot of detail in your creature too. Enjoy that little sparkle on the left hand leg. Good PP work and techs. TFS

Jonathan Ashton
12-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Yes this rings my bell, lovely detail and composition, I particularly like the small sunshine highlights. You have certainly given me something to think about - no ice here yet but I am sure it won't be long.

Diane Miller
12-14-2013, 03:39 PM
Incredible!! Clearly a new species of insect just washed out of a glacier,

Mitch Haimov
12-15-2013, 11:11 PM
This is very cool. I think I would have liked it even better if the reflection were not cut off--a square crop may have worked well.

Steve Maxson
12-19-2013, 05:35 PM
Very nicely seen and photographed, Daniel! This makes a great "insect," though I can see a bunch of snake heads too. :S3: