PDA

View Full Version : Seven Bridges Road

Michael Lloyd
12-09-2013, 08:35 PM
This image was made far from the Seven Bridges Road vocalized by the band The Eagles. Sometimes I ride around and look for images that can be made not far from my home. This one was made less than 5 miles from there.

5DMKII Manual
70-200 f2.8L IS II @200mm

Tripod

ISO 100
1/10s @f11

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=135543&d=1386638891

David Stephens
12-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Reminds me of the oaks that I grew up with in North Florida.

The composition is wonderful, with a nice S-curve in the road and balance from the trees. The contrast is a bit high for my personal taste. I might darken the distant bright area and then lessen the contrast in the mid-field, but it works pretty good as is.

Michael Lloyd
12-10-2013, 08:55 AM
I agree. For web viewing, the contrast was pushed too much. I used the TIF that I printed from to make a 72ppi JPG small enough to upload here and then uploaded it for posting. That really pushes the white and black points to their limits. I guess I need to go back to creating images made for web posting along with the print file.

As a side note- I didn't see the comp when I passed under the tree from the opposite direction. I looked in the rearview mirror and there it was. So... along with "don't forget to look up" I guess I should add "don't forget to look back" to the list of memes I have stored in the gray matter.

Cheryl Slechta
12-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi, Michael, this reminds me of the road in Micanopy, Florida leading to my house. And speaking of the Eagles, I grew up with Bernie Leadon and Don Felder:S3: Quite a band! "Don't forget to look back" is a good thing to remember; I love the curve in the road.

Andrew McLachlan
12-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Hi Michael, great rural road scene. It reminds me of the long and winding road that leads into my cottage. It is surprising how many great images can be made to home. Beautiful work!

Morkel Erasmus
12-14-2013, 03:29 PM
I like the composition and high contrast in this one, just think it looks a bit too "crisp", very "crunchy" in the fine details? :e3