PDA

View Full Version : maple leaves

Dennis Bishop
12-08-2013, 03:57 PM
The leaves on the tree weren't all that spectacular, but I liked what was on the ground.

Nikon D3S, 105mm macro lens, ISO 200, f/40, 6 seconds

processing

Topaz Simplify -- Watercolor II preset, reduced opacity
Nik Color Efex -- Tonal Contrast and Darken/Lighten Center
Solid Fill Layer -- the blue complement of the orange in one of the leaves, Darken blend mode, reduced opacity, masked from the two foreground leaves
four B&W layers -- two Fractalius, Alien Skin Snap Art Stylize Line Art, Topaz Simplify edges; Multiply blend mode, two at reduced opacity
gradient vignette -- same blue as in fill layer, Multiply blend mode, masked from the two foreground leaves

Cheryl Slechta
12-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Dennis, I especially like the gradations of colors and the sense of light and shadows.:S3:

Christopher Miller
12-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Love the textures and mix of colors, Dennis. Very well seen and processed!

Nancy Bell
12-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Your series of techniques really brought out a dramatic interplay of light and colors and shapes! I always appreciate that you list your techniques. I learn something every time. Good composition with the stems and veins of the main leaves radiating upwards and outwards.

Judy Howle
12-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Great interplay of lights and darks and wonderful colors; it looks a bit mysterious. Love the glowing look of the front leaf. Excellent processing Dennis (as usual!).

Kerry Perkins
12-09-2013, 09:24 PM
I too love the play of light and texture across the scene. The veins of the leaves really compliment the soft colors and tones. Very nice!

Anita Bower
12-10-2013, 05:17 PM
This image almost looks real. I know they are simplified a bit, but, they still look like I could read out and touch them. Lovely colors. I like how the leaves fill the frame. Nice work.

Jackie Schuknecht
12-11-2013, 07:15 AM
Great colours and light. Well done Dennis.