PDA

View Full Version : Just a Blue Heron

Jeffrey Sipress
05-11-2008, 02:30 PM
I was not in the wildest of places, but found this Heron in the harbor in Santa Barbara, CA. Don't have any data handy, as this was made some time ago, but I used my 1Ds and probably the 100-400.

http://machinearts.com/fredphotos/blueheron1.jpg

Lana Hays
05-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Jeffrey
What an interesting perch....and reflection. I'd like a little more room on the right and less on the left. I also think that this one can go lighter. It's always interesting to see all the different man made items the birds use.....could be an interesting task to gather such images.

Alfred Forns
05-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Fully agree with Lana !!! Much more room is needed !!! Would also lighten the bird and move around to fit him between the masts reflections.

Robert Amoruso
05-13-2008, 06:53 AM
Lana,

That's an interesting idea on the man-made perches used - I might explore it.

Jeffrey,

I agree with the previous comments on room and amping up the brightness. Not sure if this would have been possible, but would have tried to get the heron away from merging with the sailboat mast (assumed) reflections. I do like the reflections as a pattern though. The trick would be to combine them w/o a merge if that was possible. If not I like how you did it by putting him between every other reflection.