PDA

View Full Version : Vernal Hanging Parrot

Girish Prahalad
12-07-2013, 07:58 AM
It is the only parrot species found in India. Made this in a hill station in Western Ghats.
Made with a Canon 450D + Sigma 150-500. Beanbag on tripod.
F6.3 | ISO 400 | SS 1/320 @ 500mm. Manual | Eval
Levels | Crop | USM | NR on BG.

Comments & critiques most welcome.

Stu Bowie
12-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Hi Girish, super sharp detail, and love the mixture of greens on the parrot. I like the pose with the thin diagonal perch. Light looks nice and soft, good DOF throughout the image, and I do like your BG. Although the bits of foliage on the left of the frame follow the diagonal line of the perch, I would like to see a version with them 'trimmed' away. :w3 While you are that, the little leaf in the LRC could go too. :w3

Holger Leyrer
12-07-2013, 08:38 AM
What for a nice little bird.
Love the colors and details. I think Stuart's tip to trimmed the perch is a good tip

Shawn Zierman
12-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Excellent image quality! The light quality is also of the very best kind. Bird is posed well, and you achieved a pleasing background/transitions. Composition works as is, but, as is frequently the case with a good image to begin with, alternate compositions are certainly worth considering. I enjoy all the foliage on the left hand side, as the colors of the leaves are so similar and complimentary to the bird, and help frame the bird too...

Karl Egressy
12-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Nice looking bird, well photographed, Girish.

adrian dancy
12-08-2013, 05:53 AM
Utterly endearing and natural looking...don't do anything else.