PDA

View Full Version : Foggy aboot this morning eh!

Jamie Douglas
12-05-2013, 05:26 PM
A plump Canada Goose taken one foggy morning in October. The fog was thick and the sun was just starting to break through from the left hand side.

Techs | Canon 1D Mark IV | 500mm f/4L IS II USM | F6.3 | 1/1250 | ISO 800 | Manual Mode | Bean Bag on jetty

Processed in LR4 and CS6. Slight crop taken in from the left to balance the image.

Marina Scarr
12-05-2013, 11:48 PM
I am having to think about whether this one works for me, Jamie. I think it would be far stronger if the bird were smaller in the frame. Do you have more space? I like seeing all the water droplets, and especially like seeing the goose's eyes.

Daniel Cadieux
12-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Same as Marina here, would love to see the goose smaller in the frame, and there appears to be a bit of colour noise on the wings and belly. Nice low angle and the water action beneath both wings is very cool.

Arthur Morris
12-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Good job with getting the whole thing in the frame but the image is just too dingy for me....

gail bisson
12-06-2013, 04:00 PM
I will be the odd one out here.
I love the color palette of greys and blacks and whites. Great low POV and the water droplets add a lot.
I like this image as presented,
Gail

Jamie Douglas
12-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Cheers for your honesty on this one folks. I was in two minds about it myself which I why I wanted to post it and get an idea of what other folks thought.