PDA

View Full Version : Another Look at the Snowy

Joe Senzatimore
12-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Another pose of the same bird from yesterdays post.
800ISO f5.6 at 1/4000th
Minus 2/3
Cropped to vertical from original

Henry Domke
12-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Very nice habitat shot. Love the muted colors. I can't tell if the birds face is tack sharp.

Martin Dunn
12-04-2013, 07:09 AM
Nice composition and the winter colours look good, however the owl's face seems to be just a an area of white without very much detail so it is tough to tell how sharp it is. I'd like to see more detail in the face.

Satish Ranadive
12-04-2013, 08:05 AM
Magnificent image owl in habitat.If mine ,I would remove the dark diagonal branch in LRC.
Beautiful composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Girish Prahalad
12-04-2013, 08:11 AM
like the comp & the setting. might just want to see a bit of details in whites.

Randy Stout
12-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Joe:

Agree about the whites. Perhaps a bit of detail extractor if you have that available.

I wish the clump of vegetation wasn't right about the head, looks like a funny little hat.:S3:

Just for personal taste, I would be tempted to crop off a bit of the sky, and then in from the right to balance the proportions to your taste.

Cheers

Randy

Shawn Zierman
12-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Great vertical composition, fits the height of the grasses well. Nice relaxed pose on the owl. The only thing I could see considering here is ditching the yellow border on the image...a touch distracting vs enhancing imo. Details on the owl look just fine to me considering the light quality and size of the subject in the frame/working distance. I like that big tuft of (goldenrod?) above the owl's head....looks like a hat :)

Shawn Zierman
12-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Okay, just read Randy's comment about the vegetation hat...sorry. But really, I still like it :)