PDA

View Full Version : A Great 26 Minutes and 34 Seconds

Arthur Morris
12-02-2013, 05:18 PM
My IPT killed last night at one of Bosque's Crane Pools. For the whole story and five more Family Jewel images, see "The Exact Right Place at the Exact Right Time (http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2013/12/02/the-exact-right-place-at-the-right-time-give-me-a-good-26-minutes-and-34-seconds/)." This image was created with the Gitzo 3532 LS carbon fiber tripod, the Mongoose M3.6 head, the Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM lens, the Canon 2x EF Extender III (Teleconverter), and the Canon EOS-1D X. ISO 1000. Evaluative Metering +2/3 stop: 1/400 sec. at f/9 in Av mode.

Central sensor (by necessity) Expand/AI Servo Rear Focus AF as framed active at the moment of exposure. Note: this is a small crop from the original. Click here (http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2013/10/31/if-this-doesnt-get-the-point-across-nothing-will/) if you missed the latest version of the Rear Focus Tutorial.

As for the image, don't be shy; all comments welcome.

Joe Senzatimore
12-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Very simple and sweet.:wave:

Miguel Palaviccini
12-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Very nice and simple. Love that setting sun color and the stretched feet.

I'm not a big fan of the guy on the right, as he's noticeably not in the plane of focus. Also, looks like you've got to clean that sensor!!!!

Miguel

Daniel Cadieux
12-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Killer BG colours, and I love the double gliding-in poses. My favorite of the six images from your blog post. I too noticed the sensor dust...

David Salem
12-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Very nice BG colors for this silhouette shot. I like the poses and the legs hanging down. Lots of sensor spots though. Nice work

dankearl
12-02-2013, 10:05 PM
They both look sharp enough to me, color is awesome....

arash_hazeghi
12-03-2013, 02:51 AM
very cool silhouette

Satish Ranadive
12-03-2013, 08:35 AM
What a wonderful silhouette on such lovely colorful background !!! Just love it, Arthur Sir.

Regards,
Satish.

Stu Bowie
12-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Hi Artie, brilliant colours, and I do like that both cranes are banking in opposite directions. When you have light and colours like this, you have to make the most of the situation - and you certainly did.

Shawn Zierman
12-03-2013, 10:17 AM
My thoughts have been expressed well by others here already. Love the intense colors, especially the reds. The sharp(!) profile of the bird on the left, sooo makes me want the bird on the right to be sharp too.

Holger Leyrer
12-03-2013, 04:43 PM
On a cold raining day i look at this colorful photo :S3:
I am not a big friend from silhouette but i like this Image.

Arthur Morris
12-04-2013, 05:46 AM
They both look sharp enough to me, color is awesome....

Thanks Dank. They are both sharp enough for me.

Arthur Morris
12-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Thanks all for the sensor dust heads up. Did I miss any in the repost? Excuses: Too busy leading two workshops. Too tired. Too rushed while getting a blog post out every day while photographing and teaching. Too old :). I also ran a Filter/Blur/Surface Blur (at 2/3) on the background only to smooth it out.

Rachel Hollander
12-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Hi Artie - RP looks good. Maybe a couple of very faint sensor spots in the darkest orange near the top of the image, almost straight up from the head of the bird on the right and then another a little to the right of that. I've been enjoying your blog posts from Bosque.

TFS,
Rachel

Arthur Morris
12-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Hi Artie, brilliant colours, and I do like that both cranes are banking in opposite directions. When you have light and colours like this, you have to make the most of the situation - and you certainly did.

Thanks but sorry. They are both flying towards us. Anything else is an optical illusion. They will always be flying into the wind :S3:.

Arthur Morris
12-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Hi Artie - RP looks good. Maybe a couple of very faint sensor spots in the darkest orange near the top of the image, almost straight up from the head of the bird on the right and then another a little to the right of that. I've been enjoying your blog posts from Bosque.

TFS,
Rachel

Thanks Rache. There is no more dust that I can see at 100% :). See today's post: Using All the Clubs in your Bag at Bosque: Beyond Spectacular Part II (http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2013/12/04/using-all-the-clubs-in-your-bag-at-bosque-beyond-spectacular-part-ii/).

Girish Prahalad
12-05-2013, 08:37 AM
excellent poses & the BG really makes the birds pop. love the comp as presented.

Bob Pelkey
12-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Thanks Rache. There is no more dust that I can see at 100% :). See today's post: Using All the Clubs in your Bag at Bosque: Beyond Spectacular Part II (http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2013/12/04/using-all-the-clubs-in-your-bag-at-bosque-beyond-spectacular-part-ii/).

Rachel has a very good eye. There are two more spots where she describes. They are very close to the top of the frame.

The re-worked image is stunning, as was the original.

Arthur Morris
12-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Thanks Bob. Nice avatar image. Rachel sent me an e-mail with the other "dust spots" circled and I could still not see or find them :)