PDA

View Full Version : Mandarin Duck

Mike Delgado
12-01-2013, 06:48 AM
This one was taken at a local park in Florida. Cloudy and rainy day but I was not leaving until I got a shot of this guy.

Nikon D4
Nikon 500mm
F-4
1/1250 sec
ISO 800
Fill Flash

vishaljadhav
12-01-2013, 12:10 PM
I like the front on pose
the colours look sweet, quite a bunch of them
like the water colour, sharpness is nice

Karl Egressy
12-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Nice low angle shooting and nice colors, Mike.

Norm Dulak
12-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Nice, Mike. This is a well captured view of a beautiful bird, and the water droplets add interest. You might consider taking some off the top, to eliminate some negative space and to make the subject less centered.

Enrique Patino
12-01-2013, 05:29 PM
like the low angle perspective, the colors and details. If I had a chance to photograph this species under the same conditions with my gear, I would up the f/stop and lower the shutter... and hope for some decent shots with the bird more parallel to the sensor. Did you get some like that? I would like to see if you did. Do I see a slight yellow cast?

Daniel Cadieux
12-02-2013, 09:57 AM
I like the head-on angle of the face, and you got very beautiful colours accentuated by the pale golden waters. I actually find the two water drops a distraction in this case, and I think an alternative comp would enhance the image...perhaps an horizontal if you have it? If not then yes taking some off the top could work. Quite a "mane" on the neck this guy has!