PDA

View Full Version : THEME IMAGE: Thankful equals my Ginger

LinzRiverBalmer
12-01-2013, 06:03 AM
This is one of my thankful images.
I'm slightly back, not fully.... leaving again in less than 2 weeks, still on borrowed computer.

Of course in the middle of the trip my camera broke.... good thing I carry an extra.

So to be thankful this is my Ginger, she is my service dog, detects my glucose. I have severe Hypoglycemia and she has kept me out of the ER at least 3 times.

Other than that she is just down right amazing. Smart smart, I'm out of tricks. Is a traveling trooper. Adores birds of all shapes and sizes, and cats.

Grateful and thankful for everything she has turned out to be over the past 5 years!!!

I took this on Thanksgiving at the cabin we were staying in down near Bosque Del Apache.

Handheld, Full Frame, Close-Up, Natural Light from Window.

PP, basic, burned some BG, increased saturation and contrast.

Dennis Bishop
12-01-2013, 10:36 AM
The contrast in textures is quite wonderful. Good lighting, too. And I like where the edge of the throw in the background falls relative to Ginger's eyes.

Cheryl Slechta
12-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Hi, Linz, aren't dogs wonderful? Ginger looks like she's super smart and a lot of fun - I can see why you're grateful to have her. And by the way, I loved your photo that's at the Visitor Center at the Bosque - very OOTB:S3:

Nancy Bell
12-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Super lighting on Ginger, highlighting all those wispy face hairs! What a darling she must be! You captured a great angle with her looking slightly down and positioned as somewhat of a diagonal.

Diane Miller
12-02-2013, 12:24 AM
She is SOOOO cute!! And you do have more than that to be thankful about!!!

Best wishes for you both!

Anita Bower
12-02-2013, 03:16 PM
I had no idea service dogs could detect low sugar levels. How wonderful! She looks alert and happy.

LinzRiverBalmer
12-05-2013, 03:20 AM
Hi All, I also am behind on things here, so sorry.

Thanks for all the great comments and compliments, she's my angel.

Anita, Ginger trained herself, I got her as I was becoming sicker and about 2 years ago she got good enough detecting me that she was certified by her Vet and my Doctor... She's now at about 98% detection rate.

100% at night when I'm sleeping.

Your glucose levels make you smell different, easily detected by dogs. They are now training dogs for Diabetic kids.

Cheryl.... I'm sorry I missed you at the Bosque, amazing days.... the snow was out of this world, we actually couldn't get there on Saturday during the Bosque.

So glad you liked my picture, the one hanging in the visitor center is cropped, its actually a panorama.... it made my year, and I met some very special people at the Bosque.

Hope you got to see some awesome sights!!! Tuesday after the festival I viewed and photographed 3 Bald Eagles and 4 Goldens among everything else, including a Northern Shrike.

Diane you are more than right I have tons to be grateful for... its been a very reflective November.

Leaving next week for my surgery in New Orleans, back right after New Years and then will be back on BPN a good amount.

Anita Bower
12-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Hope surgery goes well.

Jackie Schuknecht
12-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Very cute dog Linz. I like the simple BG, but might back off on the sharpening a bit.