PDA

View Full Version : Blue-eyed Bush Frog

Angad Achappa
11-28-2013, 08:49 PM
Here is an image of a blue-eyed bush frog that I made during one my recent trips in the Western Ghats region of India. The distinctive blue ring around and the golden colored eye are the main features of this frog from where it gets its common name. IUCN has listed it as an endangered species.
Nikon D3S
Nikon 105mm VR
Nikon SB700
1/60sec, F3.5, ISO-200, Flash @ -1

Mitch Haimov
11-30-2013, 03:30 AM
This is an extremely cool subject! Love the detail and texture within your DOF; pose and angled perch work very well. Subject well light without appearing over flashed. I would be inclined to crop about half the negative space from the top and darken the bright areas of the sticks and leaves in intermediate BG.

Carl Walker
11-30-2013, 10:01 AM
Great image Angad. Agree with comments above.

Andrew McLachlan
11-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Hi Angad, nice capture...love the blue in the eyes. The pose is lovely too. I often spend a lot of time doing clean-up of my frog photos captured at night and you have done some very nice work here...If you are not opposed to it I would work on evicting the out of focus branches from the background beside the frog. A slight shift to the right would have gave you a little bit of separation of those branches from the frog which would make the clean-up of them a little easier. Beautiful work and frog too!

Sad to hear that this little frog is on the endangered list...amphibians are the fastest declining animals on the planet thanks to us, but new specimens are discovered frequently due to deforestation of unexplored habitat for agricultural needs.

Jonathan Ashton
12-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Lovely shot, I would suggest increasing exposure or brightness just a little and I would take a brush to those pesky OOF twigs to the right of the frog. Other than that I think this is a very good image.

Steve Maxson
12-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Hi Angad. I love the pose and those amazing eyes! Excellent sharpness around the frog's head. There are several suggested tweaks above that you might consider. In addition, I might suggest cropping a little off the top and right - to put the frog's face in the rule-of-thirds position. This is a very strong image and a few tweaks could make it even better! :S3:

Daniel Cadieux
12-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Amazing critter, those eyes are mesmerizing! I love the dof here with the face standing out nicely. While I'm OK with the oof stuff in the lower half of the frame I do find the brighter stick near the frog distracting and worth exploring ways to diminish or remove it.