PDA

View Full Version : Another lioness portrait

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Hope you guys are not bored of my lions & lionesses! Here is another one, full frame image taken at the Mara reserve.
<tbody>
Camera
Canon EOS 5D Mark III (http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_5d_mark_iii/)

Exposure
(1/640)

Aperture
f/8.0

Focal Length
700 mm

ISO Speed

Exposure Bias
0 EV

</tbody>

Gabriela Plesea
11-28-2013, 02:11 PM
I never get bored of lions, Sanjeev! Very pretty girl you have captured here, nose still pink and looks slightly innocent but this young lady has had some experiences:w3 I took the liberty to play with her a bit (hope you don't mind?), see what I came up with…I used to love cloning and only do it when necessary these days, but felt that the grass in front of her mouth was a tad distracting. Lightened the eyes a bit as well as the nose, tried to get a bit more detail inside the mouth and sharpened a little before posting-what do you think? Cropped tighter to get closer to this girl...My RP might be a bit crunchy but I hope you get the idea of what I was trying to achieve:w3 I would try a B/W conversion here if I were you…Stunning BG with these grasses moving in the wind, well done!

Kind regards,

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Gabriela, I like your RP. You have given some good ideas reg cropping and PP. thanks.

Gabriela Plesea
11-29-2013, 06:07 AM
My pleasure Sanjeev, glad you like it:w3

Have a lovely week-end!

Steve Kaluski
11-29-2013, 07:09 AM
Hi Sanjeev, Gabriela RP has taken it where it needs to go, plus the removal of that grass stem, not always visible in camera. Good techs, lovely BKG and I like the option of the crop.

Nice work you two. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Anette Mossbacher
11-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Hi Sanjeev,

Gabriela did the job for us all. I like the crop & detail as well very much from Gabriela.
Very nice image and a great BG

Enjoy your weekend

Ciao
Anette

Andreas Liedmann
11-29-2013, 11:51 AM
Hi Sanjeev,
you should throw the 7D in the …………..
Your images with the 5D are so much better.
Like the most of the OP, and Gabrielas RP has taken it up some steps.Well done ,G.

TFS Andreas

Rachel Hollander
11-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Hi Sanjeev - I think this is one of your better lion portraits (though you know what I am going to say about the whites). It's has nice dof and detail. Gabriela's rp has definitely taken it up a notch. Well done by both of you.

TFS,
Rachel