PDA

View Full Version : Little Egret

Poorna Kedar
11-28-2013, 05:59 AM
This image was taken from a boat (handheld), a brackish water lake near the sea. The lighting was absolutely beautiful when I made this image. I didn't want to make a close frame of the bird (which is very common), instead wanted to include the beautiful habitat in the image.

Nikon D800E | Nikon AF-S 300mm f4 | Nikon AF-S 1.4TC II
420mm | f9 | 1/1250 | -2/3EV

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2821/10737166906_844bc28832_b.jpg

Arthur Morris
11-28-2013, 07:09 AM
I like the background birds--what species are they? And I like the pose and the sharpness and the raised foot and the light at the horizon line. You needed to move the bird back in the frame by pointing the camera more to our right. All in all a pleasing image.

gail bisson
11-28-2013, 08:01 AM
A nice environmental image.
I would take a bit off the left hand side (LHS) and a bit off the bottom (to just above your signature) to place the bird off center and crate more of a panorama . A pano would work well with all the horizontal lines.
I would clone out the 2 white blobs on the left.
Good IQ and I like the raised foot that makes the image less static,
Gail

Marina Scarr
11-28-2013, 08:32 PM
This is a pleasing environmental image. Your subject is tack sharp and well exposed and I like the raised foot. Wouldn't mind seeing it a little more to the left of the frame. I see what looks to be a dust spot on the upper right top light line in the sky which I find distracting.

Poorna Kedar
11-29-2013, 01:37 AM
I like the background birds--what species are they? And I like the pose and the sharpness and the raised foot and the light at the horizon line. You needed to move the bird back in the frame by pointing the camera more to our right. All in all a pleasing image.

Thanks a lot for the feedback :)
The birds in the background are all migratory Terns - Caspian Tern, Great Whiskered Tern, Gull-billed Terns who come here(India) to spend their winter.
------------------

@Marina Scarr: Thank You :)
The black spot is not dust spot, it should be a dark bird (out of focus). I usually stay away from cloning during post processing. But I got your point, that is indeed distracting.