PDA

View Full Version : butterfly

stuart wanuck
11-27-2013, 06:57 PM
nikon d 300 iso 400
nikon 70-200 mm

Dennis Bishop
11-27-2013, 08:47 PM
The colors, the diagonal, and the unfocused background are wonderful. The composition is nicely balanced, too.

Nancy Bell
11-28-2013, 08:32 AM
This is very lovely with a nice delicate touch. I would consider removing the brownish blob below the left wing, and the smaller one just below that, as it interrupts the more flowing lines of the flower spike. And if you have it, a bit more room on the right. I really like the mottled green bkgd with the slight texture as it complements the colors of the butterfly and flower so well. Beautiful pose and glowing light on the butterfly and love the very delicate lines of the front legs, antennae; and you even captured the proboscis. The single flower spike with the small purple flowers makes a perfect perch.

Diane Miller
11-28-2013, 02:40 PM
Very nice!! I think Nancy has some good points, but they're not a deal-breaker for me. I love the painterly effect.

Anita Bower
12-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Stuart: What processing did you do? I love the effect you achieved on the butterfly and the flower. Just enough to add some interest and not too much to detract from their natural beauty. Excellent green bg and composition. I agree with Nancy's suggestions. In fact, I'd also clone out flower in lower left corner so that the flower and butterfly can take center stage.